Law office of Bemis, Roach & Reed
Long Term Disability Attorney
4100 Duval Road Bldg. 1 #200
Austin, Texas 78759
“I have already sent 3 people to Lonnie Roach. He is an outstanding lawyer and was able to win my case. He is easy to talk to and he has a brilliant command over corporate disability law. I would send all my relatives to him if they needed his help. If you are going up against big insurance companies you want Lonnie on your side. God Bless You!”
– Bill B.
Lonnie Roach is a founding partner of Bemis, Roach & Reed. He graduated, with honors, from the University of Texas at Dallas in 1988 with a degree in Government and Politics and from the
University of Texas School of Law in 1991 with a Doctor of Jurisprudence. He was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1991 and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, the Southern District of Texas, The Western District of Texas and the Eastern District of Texas as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and all state courts of Texas.
To know more about Mr. Roach,
- Bemis, Roach & Reed – Founder
Focuses his practice on Long Term Disability denials and appeals, and Life Insurance claims governed by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (“ERISA”) as well as Disability, Life, and Insurance claims governed by state law.
- Personal Injury Trial Law
Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Selected to “Super Lawyers” in 2016 by Thomson Reuters.
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- J.D. University of Texas School of Law, 1991
- Bachelor of Arts in Government and Politics
University of Texas at Dallas,
Graduated with honors
- All State Courts of Texas
- U.S. District Courts, All Texas Districts
- United States Court of Appeals-Fifth Circuit
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association (Director 1999-2005)
- Austin Bar Association
- George v. Reliance Standard Standard Life Insurance Corp.
- Rossi v. Precision Drilling Oilfield Services Corp. Employee Benefits Plan (5th Cir. 2013)
- Scheuermann v. Unum Life Ins. Co. of America (5th Cir. 2010)
- Robinson v. Aetna Life Ins. Co. (5th Cir. 2006)
- Garcia v. United States I (5th Cir. 1994)
- Garcia v. United States , en banc (5th Cir. 1995)
- Garcia v. United States II (5th Cir. 1996)
- Nash v. Perry (Tex.-Austin, 1997)
- State Farm Gen. Ins. Co. v. White (Tex.-Austin 1997)
- Mondragon v. Austin (Tex.-Austin 1997)
- Perry v. S.N. (Tex. 1998)
- State Farm v. Waibel (Tex.-Austin 2001)